Friday 16 March 2012

COLOUR-COMBINATION LOVES: Forest Green, Mint Green and Cream

I'm always on the look out for colour combinations which uses colours that haven't been over-used in the fashion industry, as well as the high street. It's not always easy to find something new, and in some cases you'd be surprised where inspiration can be found, whether it's old films, colours found in nature, or just something you saw on the way to the shop!

I came across this magazine cover which circulates in Pakistan, featuring a bridal outfit on the cover in a lovely forest-y green, mint green and cream combination. I really liked this mix of colours, as it's not too bold, it's natural and quite flattering on a lot of skin tones. I know a lot of people who don't feel comfortable in bright colours, and are always looking for something which they feel pretty in without feeling too OTT. I didn't manage to find out who the designer of this outfit was, unfortunately (but if you know, please do let me know!), but I think the outfit colours are a great source of inspiration for anyone looking for something different yet also classic-y for their wardrobe.

Personally, I'm leaning towards softer colours these days (I've always worn bright or very deep colours!), simply because I'd like to try something a little different, and there are some soft colours which really suit Asian skin without feeling too harsh or bright, and I certainly think that this mix of greens and cream is one great example.

What do you think of this combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment