Tuesday 24 April 2012

GLAMOROUS ACCESSORIES: Sonar Jewellery At Bridal Couture Week 2012

I've been seeing several beautiful outfits from various designers throughout the Bridal Couture Week which took place last week, so rather than post about these, I thought I'd look at some of the beautiful jewellery which was used. The main supplier appeared to be Pakistani jewellers Sonar, from which I've seen some beautiful pieces in their collection before.

Pakistani actress Reema appeared to be at the forefront of the campaign for Sonar, which has some beautiful pieces made from precious stones and metal. Her pictures from the BCW have since been used for some of their advertisement pieces as well, showing how well she wore the traditional (although quite heavy-looking!) pieces.
There were some very pretty bridal jewellery - I especially found the tikka/half-matta-patti style head-piece which is being worn, which is an alternative to some hair pieces I've seen. I did like the 'naath' piece or the nose-ring, which I'm not usually a fan on, but here it looks quite elegant and simple.




And here's just a few other examples of jewellery pieces modelled along with various designer's outfits throughout BCW. Note how the focus seems to be on beautiful, big stones, with a lot of tikka's and matched together earrings to add a bit of sparkle to the outfits.





Images via Sonar FB Group

This is just a portion of the  jewellery that was showcased on the catwalk during BCW, although I'd love to visit the store itself one day and see some of the pieces up close!

3 comments:

  1. I've seen some beautiful pieces in their collection before, Send gifts to Pakistan from UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice designs. I would suggest looking at this site - they provide beautiful made-to-order jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...i design gotta jewelery,mehndi thaals,cloths etc...pls chk my page on facebook...it's
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninos-creations/123853704344831

    ReplyDelete