Thursday 14 June 2012

DESIGNER MODE: Rohit Bal

Following on from my post about pretty jackets, I thought I'd carry on the theme and look at Indian designer Rohit Bal's beautiful designs. A lot of his outfits on the catwalk has really caught my eye with some of his beautiful, flowy designs, with rich use of colour and some seriously beautiful fusion of traditional Indian styles with the twenty-first century daring styles. I like the fact that there is quite an 'Indian' feel to his clothes, yet they're also very stylish and very wearable. I've noticed that he's started leaning towards flowy designs more recently, and I love what he's come up with, with various combinations of jackets and skirts, or very gorgeously designed saris and maxi dresses.

These are a few of his designs from his Kaarigari collection at Lakme Fashion Week only a couple on months ago. My favourite design is the first (although it did remind me slightly of these outfits, especially the last one) because of the contrast in the black and gold and the lovely work on it, but I do love the tailoring and the beautifully put-together colours of all of these - I'll certainly be looking out for more of Bal's designs in future.







Images from Rohit Bal FB group

3 comments:

  1. I love the first and last dress.i really salute your sense of dressing.i almost love all of your dresses.keep it up.

    ReplyDelete