Saturday 17 May 2014

FOLLOWING TRENDS: Ombre Lips

I've seen a big trend recently, of ombre lips - which is not surprising considering ombre is big with hair, fashion and accessories at the moment. The point of ombre lipstick is to make lips look fuller, more defines and more '3D', as well as adding depth to the colour of the lipsticks.

This one is for my eldest sister especially, who loves her dark, vampy lips and also because I like passing on my latest lipstick crazes to her!

Admittedly, this may not be to everyone's taste, it's quite a dramatic look - but personally I think it's an amazing look, I like the ombre shades and the potential of being creative that it gives.


I've been following popular instagrammer @depechegurl, who seems to have done ombre lips in every colour imaginable, and who is one of my favourite at doing ombre lips - although there's plenty of other beauty bloggers and vloggers who have tried the art of ombre lips too.

 All images belong to @depechegurl

There's plenty of tutorial and tips out there (like this one and these ones) to help you try an ombre lip - although I don't think I'm quite adventurous enough to go for the bright greens, blues or black shades! I'm waiting for the right moment to sport a deep red ombre look, especially as this is what appeals to me most - I think it'd look great on a night out!


What do you think of ombre lips - would you try them out?

1 comment:

  1. Really like this post and the red ombre effect. I'm sure I wouldn't manage to do it quite as well but I do tend to mix red and black to et just the right colour. I just have to make sure I'm not left with this effect: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/549439223260869509/
    I appreciate all of the lipsticks you've been passing this way. I've been wearing the Kiko smart lip pencil in 709 hot pink you gave me and people keep asking me about it

    ReplyDelete