Wednesday 2 March 2016

The Oscars Red Carpet 2016

I was following the Oscars like many others on Sunday night (and Monday morning) and like everyone else, cheered when Leo finally got that Oscar!

And like everyone else, I loved the beautiful designer dresses on display, which were looking beautifully elegant. I won't post all of them but here are a few of my favourites:

L-R - Jennifer Garner in Versace; Olivia Wilde in Valentino; Sophia Vergara in Marchesa; Eddie Redmayne and Hannah Bagshawe in Alexander McQueen; Dorith Mous in Black Lace

Priyanka Chopra also caught our attention with her dresses, wearing Zuhair Murad in white at the red carpet and a pretty sparkly grey Jenny Packham dress for the after-party.


And here are a few more of my favourites from other celebrities:

L-R: Daisy Ridley in Chanel; Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive; Jennifer Lawrence in Dior; Rooney Mara in Givenchy; Margot Robbie in Tom Ford

I can't post all of the dresses from the event (there are about 150 of them!) but I did love the variety, and of course the not-so-spectacular dresses! You can see more pictures of the outfits here, as well as pictures from the after party here.

What did you think of the dresses? Which one did you like best?

1 comment:

  1. I thought Rooney Mara's dress was pretty, but in general I thought most of the dresses were boring and uninspiring this year. Nohting that stood out or made me think wow.

    ReplyDelete