Sunday 4 December 2016

DESIGNER DUPLICATES: Sabyasachi vs Ayesha Aejaz

I know we've all done it - copied a designer to make an affordable replica (I'm just as guilty, you can see a few of my copies here!) It's understandable for us customers - we can't always afford the price tage of a designer so compromise to the design we want. There's a huge industry of fashion vendors and shops who will willingly copy designs for us, whether on the high street or all over Facebook and Instagram.

Don't get me wrong - I am not in any way trying to discourage or disparage anyone who chooses to do this. But it seems a little cheeky when designer labels do the same thing, especially when it tries to take the credit for a design which isn't theirs (at least when I copy an outfit, I admit it!)

Here's something that struck my eye recently - a white and gold lengha design from Sabysachi's summer wedding collection, and Ayesha Aejaz's design showcased at Pakistan Fashion Week London last weekend. Both outfits seem pretty similar, although Sabyasachi's version seems a bit more superior.

While the top is pretty different, the border on the lengha skirt is pretty much the same - although I think I prefer the Sabyasachi version.even the dupatta scarves seem similar - both with a scattering of gold sequins and mukesh all over with a border around the edges. The colours of white and gold isn't a big deal - there's plenty of bridals in these colours but its hard to ignore how similar these are!

I'll be keeping an eye out for more obvious copies like these - let me know what you think of these!


No comments:

Post a Comment